Friday, August 25, 2006

FATAL ERROR OF THE DAY: Pipe Structures



I need your help.

I keep getting these Fatal Errors while using Civil 3D 2007 SP1A with Pipe Networks.

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x001c Exception at f0ec880h

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x001c Exception at effc880h

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x001c Exception at f0ac880h

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x001c Exception at ef0c880h

Here is the scenario: I lay out a quick storm pipe network. Then I realize that I chose headwalls instead of catchbasins. So I go back through to replace them and I get crashmagic land. I can get it to repeat, I can document it.

But Autodesk can't. I sent them my drawing and my how to, and they can't get it to repeat.

So, I ask you, faithful reader. If you get either of these fatal errors in a similar situation, please let me know so that I can get you in touch with the right people at Autodesk so that we can get this one fixed.

The good news is- I documented another fatal error this week that they were able to repeat and a fix is on the way.

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0004 Exception at 64555170h

This one occurs when you are using the Connect to Part tool and accidentally try to connect a part to itself. So for now, be careful when using that tool.

0 Comments: