Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Go Vote and Get Oyster Fritters!

Don't forget to vote!

The World is Our Oyster

Our local election has a tight race. Since everyone around here is related somehow, I am actually related to one of the candidates. OK. I'm not really related, but he's the architectural designer who designed and built my house for his own family. In fact, as I type this I am sitting in the room he built to be his home office/studio. He sold the house to another prominent local figure- the pastor of one of the biggest churches in our county. I bought the house from Pastor Danny's family. So I have to wonder if this house has some magical pixie dust that launches Higglytown Heroes.

Usually the conversation goes something like this:

"Oh, you live on XX Road?"

"Yes, I do!"

"Which house are you? Let's see, there is the one on the corner, then the one with the nice flowers, then Pastor Danny's old house that has never been the same since it changed hands with the two mean dogs and the overgrown garden, then the nice log home, then the new estates."

"Yeah. Um, the log house. That's us."

0 Comments: