Sunday, July 16, 2006

Civil 3D: Build a Surface from Points, Proximity Polylines and Boundary

This is what I hope to be the first in a long line of Civil 3D Rocks Helpcasts.

This is probably the world's worst AVI, but bear with me, because it is my first! There is no sound (my microphone is bad- I am getting a new one) and no annotation- but I wanted to test everything out.

The quality is kind of poor through You Tube. I will be looking for another solution...

This AVI shows you, in very simple terms, how to build a surface from point groups, how to add a proximity polyline as a breakline, how to add a boundary. It also shows some really simple dynamic surface editing, and some really simple ways to have a look at your surface in 3D.

Please test it and let me know if it works for you! Since this is infinitely easier and more fun than taking miles of screen captures, in the future I will probably do more Civil3D Rocks Helpcasts!

TRYING AGAIN>>> COMING SOON

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Good idea. I have seen that some sites have ther youtube video play within the original site instead of bouncing out to youtube.

Anonymous said...

Very cool idea. You might also want to check out Google Video for hosting.

- Mitch