Thursday, October 30, 2008

Using the HEC-RAS Extension for Civil 3D 2009- a Video

I'm in the midst of some intense preparations for Autodesk University- I'm lucky enough to be helping out with some of the things that will likely be shown on the AEC Mainstage- so I only have a few minutes for lunch today- so this will be short.

I recorded a short video to help people see how to use the new HEC-RAS Extension for Civil 3D 2009 that is available for subscription customers. I uploaded it quickly to Vimeo as a test. There is no sound. Watch the video (full screen seems decent) and tell me if this is a good way to share quick "how-to" videos in the future.

In a few days, I'll post a more robust explaination of the tool and show you some more about it.


How to Export from Civil 3D and Import into HEC RAS from Dana Probert on Vimeo.

3 Comments:

Jason said...

The video is a great tool and "how-to" but when it is a little hard to see (distortion) and then if you make it full screen it easier to see the video, but you can't read the text.

Anonymous said...

I agree there is distortion and I am really interested in the part where you change the flow direction in HEC-RAS. Would it be possible to upload it at vtorial.com the screen recording might be more legible as they encode them at higher resolution
than vimeo - thx

wissahickon yeti said...

Great video, Dana. I really needed to know how to reverse flow direction, as it makes sense to create an alignment in C3D with stations increasing as you move upstream.

And I needed to know ASAP on my current work project!

@Anonymous: To reverse flow direction in HEC-RAS, in the Geometric Data editor, GIS Tools menu, select "Reach Invert Lines Table", then select "Flip Coord Order," then OK.