Friday, July 25, 2008

Every Little Girl's Dream

image In a few weeks, I will be starting at Autodesk as a Technical Marketing Manager for Civil 3D. I will work as part of Dominick Gallegos's team.

The decision to leave EE has been incredibly difficult. I have never worked with a group that I believe in more strongly. There is no doubt in my mind that CivilAccess will continue to change the way people learn Civil 3D, and I would be proud to continue to be a part of it.

From the beginning, my mission has been to change the way that we design. We must do better, we must design with more thought and build better projects. Autodesk influences the world of design every day with Civil 3D, and I am honored to have been chosen to help deliver that message.

I am not sure what the future holds for Civil 3D Rocks. I am hoping I can find a way to help it live on, and perhaps become more substantial. Or maybe it does have to disappear. I'll know more in a few weeks. Either way, you certainly haven't hear the last of me.

8 Comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations! I can't think of a better person for that job!

Chuck Lamping, PE said...

Congrats on the good news, Dana! I, for one, hope you do find time to keep posting to Civil 3D Rocks.
-Chuck Lamping

Angel Espinoza said...

Congratulations Dana! This brought a big smile to my face when I found out. I am looking forward to being your co-worker.

Anonymous said...

Dana,

Congratulations! My staff and I have learned a great deal from your works from both the Mastering Civil 3D Book and your blog posts. I hope you can continue to contribute to both and hope we at FDOT get a chance to really get to know you as we begin our Civil 3D implementation efforts. Best of Luck !

Bruce

Louisa Holland said...

Mazeltov, Dana! I can't wait to hear the details of your next steps. I know this was a big decision for you and your family. Oh - by the way, can I crash at your house for ICE training in Manchester...? ;)

Brian Hailey said...

Congratulations! I hope this works well for you. You will be great fit in that position.

Anonymous said...

Dana,

Congrats - I am glad to have you aboard!! I feel you will make an excellent contribution to the team.

Steve Gonda

Anonymous said...

Cogratulations Dana! Try to remember your AutoCad roots from here in lower-slower Delaware.
BTW- you need to change Panorama's name to "mini-me" they grow up fast don't they?
-John Frank